Twovet™ / Giveaway

November 10, 2012

Although this comforter giveaway is over, we would like to thank Jessie from for this great opportunity. The amount of interest and participation Jessie was able to drum up was greatly appreciated. Jessie was also kind enough to interview me and discuss some details in regards to how the Twovet™ concept started. Likewise, she asked a number of open-ended entrepreneurial questions. To learn a little bit more about how we got started and who we are, check out the below link:

If you don't have time to read the whole interview, below is a quick excerpt:

3. What was your "Ah-ha" moment?

"Ah-ha" #1: After discussing this topic with friends, family and acquaintances, I realized that most couples have different sleeping preferences and there may be a need for a product like this.

"Ah-ha" #2: I made a sale to someone that I didn't know.

“Ah-ha” #3: I presented this idea during an MBA Marketing class and was surprised by the positive feedback.

4. How did you go about making a prototype?

Two hours after deciding that I wanted to move forward with this idea, I drove to my parents' house with a bag of materials from Jo-Ann Fabric. Thankfully my mother is skilled with the sewing machine and we had a miniature prototype created by the end of the day.

5. How can readers learn more about the product?

Feel free to check out our website, We are also on Facebook.

6. What advice would you give someone in the interior design industry that is looking to bring a product to market?

Many people get caught up with an idea. I would argue that the idea represents only 5% of the process. The other 95% is related to execution.

Create a product that solves a problem that you currently have.

Get as much feedback, as early as you can from people other than friends or family.

7. Is there anything else you would like to add?

Entrepreneurship is something that I am extremely passionate about. If there is one thing that I would like readers to take away from this interview, it is that anything is possible. If you decide that you want to invent the next product X, START TODAY! 

The interest and number of contestants was overwhelming. We received over 300 entries. Unfortunately, we can only pick one winner per contest. However, we plan on running a few more of these contests over the next month or two. Please keep your eyes and ears out for details. 

The lucky winner this time around was Jillian from Chicago. Hopefully this couples comforter will help her and her significant other through the windy winters notorious in Chicago!

If you would like to learn more about Jessie's interior design blog, please follow the link.

Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.

Twovet Comforter Size Chart
   Width  Length  Fill (thin) Fill (thick)
   Queen  92" 88" 20 ounces 40 ounces
King 107" 92" 24 ounces 48 ounces